Last week I had a major problem with my Internet connection and couldn’t post for a couple of days … then of course there was all the problems of trying to catch up with posts and comments. The up side is that I worked on my One Four Editing and tried some new (for me) tricks to create this week’s (and next week’s) edit!
Here was where I started out .. I wanted to have more of the tree in my next edit and although the important photo is still the rose, so I re-cropped and use the HDR app from Picasa 3:
At this point, what I wanted to do was add a little something in that washes out too white sky. So I took out my stylus and began to out-line where I wanted to put in the sky using Artweaver 5, which came with my stylus and drawing board:
As you can see, not really a perfect job with the clouds … so I went back to Picasa and did a little warming up to see what would happen:
I’d warmed and saturated the photo but alas … the rose got rather washed out … so I went to Artweaver and painted in the missing parts of the rose!
Good Morning and welcome to Week One of the One Four Challenge hosted by Robyn G. at Captivate Me.
This week I took this photo of a rose, snapped on January 30th.
The first thing I did was to use a HDR filter to sharpen the photograph, the first attempt was too stark so I softened it a bit. Then I cropped the photograph removing the withered rose and a lot of sky. After that, with a touch up tool I removed the antenna in the background then used the focal b&w filter to bring out the rose and rendering the rest of the photo Black and White, as the sky is way too washed out.
I’m hoping to learn how to cut out that rose and part of the palm tree putting in some color into the sky in future … The photo was edited with Picasa 3 by Google.
This week with Picasa 3 I cropped the photo and then rendered it black and white trying to get a pencil drawing effect without polarizing the photograph (sharpening the lines was very useful here as well as shadowing … I tried the HDR but the effect didn’t come out as I thought it would it was too harsh) … I then went on-line and used an app for the edges to get an antique “rustic” effect and added a grunge frame from Pixlr at which point I returned to Picasa 3 and used the thin black border, drop shadow and Museum Matte frame it. Most of the work on this photo was done on Picasa 3.