One warm morning a few last week I went for a morning walk along the shore in Riva del Garda. The wind was perfect for sailing. This is one of several photos I took of one such sailboat leaving the small boats dock.
I cropped the photo in order to get more detail of the sailboat. I liked how the light played on the leaves so I did a little tweaking to accentuate the colours created by the morning light off the leaves.
I really thought that the photo wasn’t anything particularly exciting … so I decided to “oil paint” it.
Here’s the last tweak I did of the photo … I wouldn’t call it art … but it was fun 🙂 Ciao, Bastet!
Last evening I went for a walk as the sun was setting. I got some really splendid photos but I also got quite a few duds as my camera isn’t quite up to good evening and night shots.
This is one of the photos I took. It is actually the contents of s dumpster full of leaves, both inside and outside of plastic bags:
Not really much of a photograph, so I decided to find out what would happen when I tweaked it with Picasa.
Quirky dust bin
Well … that certainly gave me a new perspective on the photo, but in reality though very colourful, it was more or less a blurry mass. So I decided to play with PicMonkey. They have some lovely effects. The ones I played with were, “Posterize”, “Draw”, “Metal” and “Burst”:
Dust Bin Gone Crazy
Wow … who ever thought one could get so much out of a dumpster full of dead leaves! And what would happen if I added a little “Space”?
Space Dust Bin Gone Crazy
This is this week’s black and white Wordless Wednesday:
It’s a large iron and glass affair that I saw in front of a restaurant in Murano – the canal is seen in the reflection … inside a dinner table waits for a client.
One of my readers asked me to do a walk through with the editing.
I used Picasa 3 but most of the apps in Picasa 3 can be found on just about any editing program.
Here is the original:
After fixing the colour adding some highlights/fill lights to bring out the lantern – I then decided to crop and straighten it:
I then added a little shadowing and ‘warmified’ it – in other words added flesh tones, which brought the lantern out nicely … but I wasn’t pleased with the general colouring so I saturated and contrasted a bit:
At this point – the colours were emphasized enough to try to go black and white – so I used the filtered black and white app filtering out some of the red – added a drop shadow frame and signed the finished work!
Here’s the same photo after using a mock HDR app and adding a pinkish tint to the b&w photo:
And with this last edit, I’m linking the post to One Word Photo Challenge for this week’s colour – copper
Today I’m taking a photograph that I entered yesterday for week one of the One Four Challenge to another stage of the editing …
I’ve cropped the original photograph here … then shadowed it a little more, “warmified” the photo adding the soft golden tones used to accent skin-tone -, used a HDR app and then softened the photo… I was looking for a brooding image, something that I could use for example in a poem about dawn or maybe about a storm coming on … then to complete the photo I added a drop shadow “frame”.
Here are the original and the first process:
This post is linked to One Four Challenge hosted at Captivate Me … go have a look and participate in the fun!